3 Things You Need To Know
CardBrand (Visa/MC/Discover) Requirements
In order to pass a fee along to customers that choose to pay by Credit Card a business must be in Compliance with the Card Brands. UpNexa plug and play technology has you covered.
- +Business must register with the Card Brands.
- UpNexa takes care of that for you and provides you with copies of your registration.
- +The amount of the fee must not exceed 4% and the business cannot earn revenue or make a profit off of fee.
- UpNexa’s payment technology imposes a 3.99% and pays your Credit Card processing fees so you don’t have to.
- +On the customer receipt, it must show the fee as a separate line item.
- UpNexa’s payment technology shows the fee as a separate line item.
- +Business must inform their customers of the credit card fee by appropriately proving signage at the business entrance and point of sale (where customer checks out).
- UpNexa provides you and your team with all of the required signage at no cost. If you are running pay at the table we also have you covered so your customers are aware when they are presented their bill.
- +Business must not apply a fee to debit or prepaid cards.
- UpNexa’s payment technology auto-detects if the payment is a debit or prepaid card and processes those cards without a fee.
- +The fee and base sale amount must be processed together as one lump sum.
- UpNexa payment technology processes both the fee and base amount as one lump sum.